Follow My Blog By Email!

Thursday, 23 October 2014

Carrot Rice

So here's a nice one to try for toddlers or older children. It's my version of a dish my grandma used to make for me. I remember being drawn to the sweet taste of the carrots in this rice and it was probably the only way I ate carrots when I was young. I am giving some average quantities I used while making it today.

Carrot Rice
1 cup unboiled brown rice
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp black pepper
1/2 tsp ground chilli pepper
1 carrot grated fine
2 medium tomatoes finely diced
1/2 medium onion finely diced
2 tbsp ketchup
2 tsp parsley chopped fine
1 tsp fine thyme

Boil rice in some salted water until tender. Strain and season with salt, black pepper, chilli pepper and ketchup. Saute carrots, tomatoes, onion, parsley and thyme in some oil for about 1 minute on low heat. Mix in seasoned rice.

You can optionally fry this in some butter rather than oil for a different flavor.


1 comment:

  1. Any rice dish is right up my alley!
    Hi! Stopping by from Mom Bloggers Club. Great blog!
    Have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete